Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello, Old Friend

I spent some time with an old, trusted friend today - the elliptical machine at the gym.



The gym was, as you can expect for the first week of January - totally packed. But it was a pleasant surprise to see that the gym has replaced a lot of their equipment, and added several more cardio machines. That's great, because finding a treadmill or bike can sometimes be really challenging during peak hours.

I refrained from commenting on the "new machines" in case they were actually brought in sometime in early November, which, to my estimation, is the last time I set foot in there.

yikes.

But it felt good to reconnect with my old pal, who tonight, I shall call Elly. I'm not a fan of giving names or genders to inanimate objects, however, so I wouldn't really expect to see the name stick.

Have you made it back to the gym? Did you go through the holidays when it was dead and are grumbly about the influx of new blood, or does it excite you to see so many new, fresh, dedicated faces?

3 comments:

Bre Lee O'Reilly said...

I haven't been to my gym since May... yikes indeed. But y'know, I'm ok with it (well not the monthly payment, that part kills me). I just don't like going to the gym. I can do it for a short term goal, but I'd much rather workout with friends or outdoors. So I've been working with a personal trainer with three other girlfriends once a week since September, I've started running again and am hoping to do my first half marathon this summer, I'm dancing again, and I'm hoping to get back into yoga. And that's really plenty!

Meg said...

You're in fantastic shape, Bre! You look amazing!

Bre Lee O'Reilly said...

Weeeell... not so much post holidays. But I'm trying to get back into it. Thanks! :)

I looooove the bridesmaid dress you wore in the photo below. You'll be in it in no time - the holidays screw us all up. (I mean really, who says no to all the delicious food?)