Monday, January 30, 2012

Tool: Tracking

I know that to make this weight loss work, and make it stick, I need to be accountable. And I know that I need to journal/track/write down what I'm eating.

I've used a lot of different methods over the years - the weight watchers system and their online tracker, pen and paper, even posting my daily food consumption on this blog.

This time I've decided to use SparkPeople, because it's free, it's online, and it's easy. It works with pretty much every diet system (except Weight Watchers, but it's essentially the same). I've used it before, and it has a recipe calculator, and the website is kind of fun to use.

I'm sure there are hundreds of options out there. I thought about going back to pen and paper, but for now, this is the best option for me.

What do you use to stay on track?

1 comment:

Alice said...

I use WW, but I find it isn't as much what you use as it is that you're tracking what you eat. You can use any various thing that allows you to focus on your food and work on healthy eating.

As for your scale shock, don't feel bad. You are back on track and your journey may be long (as all of ours are) but it starts with the first step. And just think a year from now you will be so happy you started today.

I've missed reading your blog and I look forward to seeing what is new with you and how things are going with you! Remember to reward yourself for your achievements and to focus on small goals at a time because that helps you be successful!