Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Weigh-In

Hello!

I weighed in this morning and posted a loss of 1.6 lbs.

The scale is a funny thing. So is the body. Yesterday morning I weighed myself, which I know is a habit I need to drop, but I was down BIG time - like, 6 lbs. Seeing that number made me a little giddy, and so when I weighed in this morning and it was a much more modest loss, I was mildly disapointed.

But then I took my rocks out of the jar and felt pretty pleased with myself.

I do feel really good, and after 4 days of the 17 Day Diet plan, I have more energy and the cravings for spaghetti and pastry have started to subside. Last night's dinner of roasted cauliflower, salmon and salad was extremely satisfying. It feels awesome.

Except - well, this is kind of a gross thing to reveal on the interwebs, but when you eat a lot of "roughage" vegetables, like cabbage and broccoli and cauliflower, your digestion can behave in strange ways. I'm looking forward to some movement in that area, but other than that, I really do feel awesome.

I can't believe I just blogged about constipation.

Well, there you go. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Bre Lee O'Reilly said...

Maybe then you'll be down another 2 pounds! Or more!
*can't believe I just joined you in posting about constipation...*

Megs said...

umm, this is perhaps TMI...but when I was doing the 17 I found things started moving again later in the first week. The first few days were a little tougher, but then it balanced out, lol. Hope that wasn't an overshare :)

Meg said...

good to know ;)

Alice said...

As if it's TMI. We talk about poop every day in my house. My 2 year old insists on telling me when she poops so that I'll change her diaper that second. She'll even go set up the diaper on the floor for me. She's pretty funny.

Oh I wanted to tell you I LOVE your marble jar idea and have stolen it. I'm going to blog about it this weekend and will be giving you a shout out for credit. :)