Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Weigh In

First of all, I want to brag a bit. Yesterday I went to Zumba despite several opportunities to ditch the gym. Gary couldn't make it, I could have gone home early, I had a headache, I was really tired - but instead, I went to Zumba, and then I wasn't grumpy and tired anymore. I was too busy sweating and shaking my rump and looking ridiculous to think about being tired.

This morning I saw some serious movement on the scale! I had a loss of 4.6 lbs. That's incredible. All that fish and cabbage must be paying off - and I'm showing myself that the one pizza binge I had was, in the grand scheme of things, not worth falling off the rails for. I got back up immediately, stuck to my diet and exercise plan and I feel awesome.

More importantly, I am feeling much better. I feel "lighter" and I definitely have more energy (despite complaining in my first paragraph about being tired). I can't imagine making it through the past three weeks feeling the way I was back in mid-January; sluggish, exhausted and embarassed. Now I feel empowered, in control and I'm working my way back to feeling quite sassy.

I've got a weekend full of plans with friends, several of which will put me smack in front of the beer and nacho train. But I'm determined now to stick to my plan; perhaps I will indulge myself in one cold, delicious beer, but that's it. How will I make that work? I'll have the car keys :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the inspiration. I recently started doing the 17DD too. I'm only on day 4 and today is the first day I don't have a headache, but otherwise, so far, so good.
- Heather

Meg said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for commenting. Cycle 1 is tough, for sure, but the hardest part is the first four or five days. After that it gets more manageable, I've found that the headache and cravings go away and I started to feel much better on about Day 7. Stick with it - it's totally worth it, and after all...it's temporary. You can do anything for two weeks, right?

Carolyn said...

Great job, Megan! Can you hear your fan club cheering in the background? I can.

Meg said...

I sure do :)

Alice said...

Congrats Meg! You're doing an amazing job and obviously all your hard work is paying off too! Keep up the great work and inspiration!