Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A new recipe

I really like cooking, and I particularly like it when I try a new food and a new recipe and it turns out really well.

I made Blackened Tilapia for dinner tonight. I've never cooked tilapia - in fact, I might have never actually eaten it - but it seems to be an inoffensive fish. Not too fishy tasting, not too difficult to cook. I know that I like cod and salmon, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I bought fresh tilapia filets at the fish counter at the Coop, they were about $7 for two good-sized filets.

I've linked to the recipe above, but the gist of it is really simple. While I heated a little olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet, I rubbed some cajun seasoning blend into both sides of the fish. I fried it for about 3 minutes per side, until it was cooked through. It was delicious!

Served with roasted cauliflower and carrots, it was a perfect, light, satisfying dinner that worked with Cycle 1 of my diet and is definitely going to be added to my list of quick go-to dinners for the future.

What's your favourite, healthy way to cook fish?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Must be something in the air...

http://laurelslittlecorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/adventures-in-chinese-cooking-steamed.html

Meg said...

Tilapia for everyone!