Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Weigh In

Well, I'm onto Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet. This cycle is slightly confusing to me, but I'm sure it's just a matter of wrapping my head around what's changed.

Basically, every other day you add two servings of natural starches, in the form of certain grains (including oatmeal and brown rice), beans and legumes, or starchy vegetables (like corn and yams). These servings need to be consumed before 2pm. There's also an additional list of proteins, like lean pork, beef, shellfish, that are introduced on the 'starch' days. On the other days, you eat from the Cycle 1 plan of fish/chicken/veggies.

In Cycle 1, I lost a total of 5.2 lbs.

Today, I weighed myself, and I've stayed the same weight as last week. I'm quite pleased, honestly, because I had such a huge loss last week. I expected a bit of a gain as my body sort of levels out - as long as it's a downward trend, right?

I'm looking forward to the week ahead. I slipped a little this week, had a few little treats here and there (mini banana muffins, you are the devil!) but overall I'm quite pleased with what I've eaten and more importantly, how I feel.

No comments: