Monday, February 25, 2013

Slow start

Without a doubt, I totally fell off the healthy eating and exercise train - the scale, my clothes, and photos don't lie. But somehow, I don't feel like I ever "quit" dieting.

I put on over 20 lbs half-heartedly trying to lose weight. I would eat by the 80/20 rule - except that 80 per cent of my choices were unhealthy. I wouldn't think twice about an afternoon snack from the bakery, or a side order of fries, or extra dessert. 

I wasn't naive enough to think I was still losing weight, but I figured that I was maintaining. That was ok, I needed a pause.

But then, my clothes didn't fit right. There is no embarrassment quite like realizing that your underwear is the wrong size. 

I noticed that was out of breath more often. My knees and back hurt, for no reason. 

And then, at the end of December, we were going through photos from Christmas and I was horrified by what I saw.

I'd seen myself reflected in mirrors and windows and shiny surfaces for months and ignored what I saw, but there I was.





2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I see two beautiful women and a man that loves them. Welcome back. And see you soon!

Meg said...

You're so sweet! And yes - see you soon!!