Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Early Birthday

Sunday is my 29th birthday.

It feels really weird to be turning 29, I'll be honest. I can't complain about most of the things you may imagine a 29th birthday might cause some angst about. But it still feels significant. I'm an adult, and I'm responsible, and I can be whoever or whatever I want to be.

Except 25, of course.

As a birthday gift (I always give myself a birthday gift - don't you?) I took myself out to get a hair cut this afternoon.

I am loving my new haircut. It's not that different, really. It's just...me, but better. A more natural looking colour. A fresh, pretty, softer cut. I feel awesome.



I also feel awesome because last night I started week 3 of my running program, which included running for 3 minute stretches. And I CRUSHED it! I didn't stop, I didn't die, and most importantly, at no point did I think that I couldn't do it.

Bring it on, 29!

2 comments:

Carlee said...

I love the haircut, it looks great on you!

Happy Early Birthday!!

My 29th is Monday! April is a good month!

Meg said...

Thanks Carlee... and happy birthday!